Backup your WordPress website to DropBox
If you don’t select remote location to store your backups, they will be stored on your server with your website. This is a security risk. If your site gets infected with malware, your backups are at risk of being infected as well. If you keep your backups in a separate location, you can ensure that you’ll have a good backup from which to restore your site should something go wrong. UpdraftPlus offers many options for remote storage to choose from. Prefer Google Drive to DropBox? I have a tutorial for Google Drive too.
1. Log in to your Dropbox account.
2. In your WordPress Dashboard, Under “Settings”, click on “UpdraftPlus Backups”.
3. Click on the “Settings” tab
4. Set your backup schedule. My recommendation is to backup your files weekly and retain 4 and your database every 12 hours and retain 60. This will give you one full month of backups.
5. Click on the “DropBox” icon
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save”.
7. You’ll see a pop up box asking you to click the link to authorize access to your DropBox Account. Click the link.
8. On the next page, click the “Complete setup” button.
9. You’ll be sent back to your WordPress at the installation. At the top of the page, you should see a message that you have authenticated your DropBox account.
That’s it. You’re all set!